The Refuge eating disorder treatment program is designed for clients suffering from anorexia, bulimia, or binge eating behaviors. At The Refuge, we understand that these eating disorders can cause severe medical complications, substance abuse, and often depression. Our eating disorder treatment program is designed to unravel the layers of trauma and PTSD often enmeshed in the eating disorders. When treating this fragile disorder, The Refuge looks at three causes: genetic, social, and psychological. Once analyzed, our clinicians and trained staff approach eating disorder treatment with the same compassion, patience, knowledge, and perseverance as it does with all addictions/disorders.
Recovery from eating disorders and body image issues requires finding the core issue. This involves trauma resolution, where, and from whom the negative inner messages were received, and changing the way we view ourselves and life in general. At The Refuge, we understand that trauma, PTSD, and eating disorders often go hand-in-hand and the recovery process can be a long one.
Please know that you are not alone.
There is help.
Eating Disorder Questionnaire:
- Do you make yourself sick/purge because you feel uncomfortably full?
- Do you worry you have lost control over how much you eat?
- Have you lost or gained more than 15 lbs in a three month period?
- Do you believe yourself to be fat when others say you are too thin?
- Would you say food dominates your life?
- Do you use laxative, diuretics as a means to lose weight?
- Do you skip or miss meals often or prefer to eat alone/away from others?
- Do you exercise daily and feel upset or guilty if you miss a day?
- Do you feel unhappy or hopeless about your body size?
- Do you always count calories, carbohydrates or fat grams?
If you answered yes to 5 or more of these questions, we recommend you contact our admissions department.