At The Refuge we know how hard it is to ask for help and how heavy the phone can be right before you call. Our highly trained team will make the admissions process as simple and smooth as possible for the client and family members. Rest assured, we know how difficult this time can be. We will make this as comfortable as possible. After speaking with you and learning about your needs, our admissions counselor will help select the appropriate level of care and the intake process will begin. Our trained staff is ready to help answer any questions you may have. Call today for a free, confidential consultation.
Your experience may vary, due to circumstances involved, but here is an idea of what you can expect.
- Your initial inquiry call is answered by a live receptionist, not a recording, and immediately directed to an admissions staff member.
- Initial information is gathered about current situation/crisis − all information is held in the strictest confidence.
- We will provide you with information about The Refuge program offerings, including treatment tracks, lengths of stay and costs. Of course, we will answer any questions you may have about our program as well.
- We will set a time for a brief interview with the client to be treated to gather information (background, family history, trauma and/or addiction and treatment history). If it is not possible to speak with the client directly, we will assess through a close family member.
- If applicable and permitted, we will request client records from the last treatment facility attended and/or from a current or past physician, therapist or other practitioner.
- After the assessment, our team will review the case and determine if The Refuge is the appropriate program for the client and which levels of care (detox, residential, Intensive Outpatient, etc.) will be most effective. We will discuss this decision with you right away. If we are not the right facility, we will provide referrals to other facilities more appropriate and assist you in connecting with the referred facility and getting the process started with them.
- If the client is an appropriate fit for The Refuge program(s), we will begin the process of coordination of the admission, beginning with the setting of an admission date, travel arrangements and other pertinent detailed coordination.
Our residential treatment program is located in Ocklawaha, FL, which is approximately an hour and a half from Orlando International Airport (MCO). Our admissions team will coordinate with you regarding various transportation options available to get to treatment.